The mission of the Practice Based Research Network Core Facility is threefold:
- To develop and sustain practice-based research networks that engage in cancer research
- To advise and assist Case CCC investigators in developing community-based cancer research studies for implementation in practice based research networks
- To provide infrastructure that supports the implementation of Case CCC investigators' research studies in practice based research networks, and that supports network practice-initiated research
By actively linking the Case CCC researchers to networks' community medical practices, the PBRN Core Facility provides real-world laboratories for the development of practical clinical interventions for cancer prevention and control. In addition, the Core builds relationships of trust with community practices that foster the development of mutually-beneficial long-term relationships between practices, patients, and Case CCC researchers.
- Starting new PBRNs
- Developing the infrastructure of existing PBRNs
- Providing PBRN methods consultations to Case CCC investigators and participating practices
- Advising and assisting Case CCC investigators on research project implementation in PBRNs
Short-term or small-scale projects:
Drs. Werner and Stange rate:$100.00/hour
Core professional staff rate:$75.00/hour
Incorporation of core-staff or specific core services in investigators' grant applications
Remember to acknowledge the valuable services provided by Cancer Center Core Facilities in your research papers and publications:
"This research was supported by the Practice Based Research Network Core Facility of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (P30CA043703)."